Under general direction of the Instructor Team Leader & Trainers, this position is responsible for building relationships with customers to ensure their safety within the flight chamber and guide them in their progression of body flight. This role is required to have a thorough understanding of services offered and customer needs; identify opportunities to promote iFLY Toronto’s experience and product in order to maximize revenue. We pride ourselves on delivering a superior customer experience and hope to turn each first time flyer into a repeat customer.
Wage is based on skill level progression as per International Bodyflight Association (IBA) ratings, commissions, group benefits and other benefits.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous sales and customer service experience
- Attention to detail
- Makes safety a number one priority
- Self-motivated and takes responsibility for personal and organizational results
- Standard First Aid and CPR preferred but not required
- Candidates must successfully complete a basic physical fitness test as displayed below and on iFLY job posting
- Candidates must successfully complete the Flight Instruction Training Program (FITP) designed by the International Bodyflight Association (IBA).The tuition fee for the FITP is $10,000 and will be reimbursed $2.00 for every hour worked if candidates complete the FITP with iFLY Toronto.
Job is performed in a dry, hot and sometimes humid indoor environment with high levels of noise which require the use of ear plugs. iFLY Toronto operates 7 days a week and employees are required to work holidays, early mornings, late evenings, weekend shifts and overnight shifts. Some over-time and split shifts may be required.
An instructor’s job is physically demanding and all instructors must be in excellent physical shape, flexible and in good health with no previous injuries that would affect performance or endurance in the flight chamber. Instructors are required to pass a physical fitness test prior to hiring which includes the following:
Completing as many reps of each of the following exercises in 1 minute with 1 minute rest period between each exercise:
- Burpees (minimum of 20 Burpees)
- Sit ups
- Push ups
- 5 Minute rest period
Completing as many pull ups as possible; minimum requirements below:
Pull ups – begin with arms extended, chin above bar and return to full extent using the following criteria:
- <150lbs – 10 pull ups
- 150lbs – 180lbs – 8 pull ups
- >180lbs – 6 pull ups
Beep Test (each candidate must start from the beginning and achieve past level 9) using “Beep Test” Free application.
Make sure that you are able to do all these tests before sending in your application.
iFLY Toronto reserves the right to verify your medical history to ensure there are no physical restrictions in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
How to apply
Simply fill out the application form below.
iFLY Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.